Sunday, December 26, 2010

HVL-F42AM Sony

December 20th, Monday...


Previously I don't used to think of this, but every time I hold up my D-SLR, besides mentioning about some sorta big nice professional lenses, the camera on my hand seems rather simple. I mean like, yea, looks like a newbie photographer holding a new blank D-SLR shooting here and there without something handy...


Since then, I saw some additional thingy from those "mid-pro" shooters... They were putting on simply kit lenses too, but how come theirs look so different? UH HAR!!! LOL, what the hell is that thing so tall slotting on top of their cameras? That's what makes them look so different, and that's why I started to become greedy this time... I WANT AN ADDITIONAL FLASHGUN!!!


Yea, a flash gun that can replaced the original built in flash and enhanced the area that it can reach. I know I sounded kinda ridiculous and funny to say I have to look pro with the help of something else, that's not me... But who cares? Let's rephrase it, if without the help of something else, how can I shoot nice shots and look pro? So, the theory can be, accepted!!!


Smart enough, I know buying this object outside would cost bloody bloody damn pricey as the cheapest I found in Sunway Pyramid needs around RM790, that was after discounted O.O Thus, buying online. From where? Lowyat.net. How much? Hehe... I contacted the guy and met him in front of Bukit Bintang Plaza. Even though it's second hand, but so much cheaper while the condition is, ohh... Superb, just like brand new!! And only RM600!! Don't believe?? Pictures save my saliva...


That's the flash gun, the model is HVL-F42AM. I'm using Song Alpha series D-SLR, of course it's by Sony. Considered as a mid-range type, 'cause above this model, there's still another one which I claimed it's too pricey, I can't afford...



This is the bag specially made only for the flash, it's just nice to fit the flash gun inside. I bet I can't get this outside... It only comes together.



The flash itself, if it wasn't being attached on the camera, it can't stand by it's own. So, for convenient's sake in using this separately, they provide a stand for it.



The head part can turn up to ninety degrees, by pressing the side button, it's able to rotate to the right side, for the use of taking portrait picture.



A set of controlling buttons, and a screen for viewing all the modes. Seriously not bad... like it :)



Arhh... not to forget, in order to run the flashgun, 4 AA size batteries are needed. This was one of the questions I was trying to find out before buying, who knows until COD that time only I found out. Luckily I have ngam ngam 4 rechargeable AA batteries, hehe, or else I'm gonna PK for only buying long endurance batteries.



There's a piece of in-built glass, ermm, suppose to say a piece of plastic, which is used for reducing the strength of the flash if it's too strong.



Big alpha logo is being printed on the side of the turning part... I just love this logo's shape. :)



Being attached on my newly bought Sony A580, and here's a shot of it... ^^



From the side... does it look more professional now? Hehe, love this scene, it makes me think of what reporters always holding. ^^



Seriously, it's damn heavy, 'cause only the flash itself is already around I guess 600++ grams if I wasn't wrong lar. Together with the body and lens, gosh!! I'm holding something 1kg++ on my hand often... No wonder my hand felt so numb that day. Ishh... will only attach it whenever needed or else hand will betul betul patah.


If you ask me have I ever regretted for purchasing this?? I would now answer: YES!!! Perhaps not 100% regretted, but 80% minimum la. Why?? Well I just wanna look pro when I hold up my cam, but honestly it's up to me whether I wanna care how others look at me as a newbie, and now I know I can't just ignore them. A built-in flash can do it's job as well...


Maybe I should have listened to her, for not being crazy in buying this kinda extra stuff. RM600 really can be used in many ways huh?? Yea... I should have listened that time. Regretted... Never mind, don't wanna think other stuffs already~~, will save my money for some coming usages...



K.y.U.o.



The Xiao Qi Gui :P

No comments: